Halloween is this coming Sunday, and there are always questions about how it is celebrated in Raintree.
- Traditionally trick or treating will take place on the holiday and not any other day.
- Trick or treating takes place on East and West Vista Drive only. If you live on Vista, prepare for at least 200 trick or treaters. Many Vista residents have “garage parties” so their off-Vista friends can give out treats with them.
- You can start the circle of Vista from any access street. Let’s spread out the crowd as much as possible.
- For the safety of the children, Vista will be one-way traffic on Halloween evening, Counter-clockwise only. There will be signs put up by volunteers, but THIS IS YOUR NOTICE that you should plan your travel route to go Counter-clockwise on Vista this Sunday evening.
- There will be a golf cart Trunk or Treat at the Autumn Lake boat ramp parking lot. Bring your golf cart and your candy, and feel free to decorate. Parents driving or trailing trick or treaters, please do not block Vista while your little ones are collecting from the Trunk or Treat. Please pull to the side of the parking lot to allow traffic to proceed.
- Similarly, if you live or are visiting on Vista, please do not park on the street. There will be hundreds of walkers. Let’s keep everyone’s vision of the road clear. Also, last year there were two fires on Halloween, and the fire department had trouble getting through. Always keep a lane open for emergency use.
- Raintree gates DO NOT open for Halloween. Your kids and grandkids are welcome, but this is a Raintree celebration.
Hopefully, this information helps us all enjoy an awesome Halloween. Here is information about the Trunk or Treat event.